HTMLArea-3.0-beta release notes
This release was compiled on Aug 11, 2003 [21:30] GMT.
Changes since 3.0-Alpha:
- Performance improvements.
- Many bugs fixed.
- Plugin infrastructure.
- TableOperations plugin.
- SpellChecker plugin.
- Status bar.
- API for registering custom buttons and drop-down boxes in the
- Toolbar can contain text labels.
- Cut, copy, paste, undo, redo buttons.
Rationale for Beta
Why was this released as "Beta"? The code is quite stable and it
didn't deserve a "Beta" qualification. However, there are some things
left to do for the real 3.0 version. These things will not affect the
API to work with HTMLArea, in other words, you can install the Beta
right now and then install the final release without modifying your
code. That's if you don't modify HTMLArea itself. ;-)
To-Do before 3.0 final
- We should use a single popup interface. Currently there are two:
dialog.js and popupwin.js; dialog.js emulates modal dialogs, which
sucks when you want to open "select-color" from another popup and not
from the editor itself. Very buggy in IE. We should probably use only
modeless dialogs (that is, popupwin.js).
- Internationalization for the SpellChecker plugin.
- Internationalization for the TableOperations plugin.
- People who sent translations are invited to re-iterate through
their work and make it up-to-date with lang/en.js which is the main
lang file for HTMLArea-3.0. Some things have changed but not all
translations are updated.
Last modified on Sun Aug 10 19:31:39 2003